In order to promote the highest ideals among Finnish Spitz owners and breeders, and to aim for continuous improvement of the breed within the framework of the official breed standard, each member pledges that:
1. He/she will follow the rules of good sportsmanship in all Finnish Spitz competition and activities.
2. He/she will fully explain to all prospective Finnish Spitz purchasers the disadvantages as well as the advantages of owning a Finnish Spitz.
3. He/she will attempt to help and befriend novice exhibitors and breeders.
4. He/she will keep well-informed in the field of genetics and will work persistently to eliminate hereditary defects from the breed.
5. He/she will, before entering into any breeding agreement, carefully analyze the conformations and the pedigrees of the prospective sire and dam, and, keeping the breed standard clearly in mind, refuse the mating if in his/her opinion it will not be in the best interest of the breed. If he/she denies stud service, he/she will fully explain the reasons to the owner of the bitch.
6. He/she will refuse to deal with dog wholesalers or to sell puppies or dogs to pet shops, and will include in all stud contracts an agreement to be signed by the owner of the bitch that no puppies resulting from the mating will be wholesaled or sold to pet shops.
The FSCA is neither affiliated with nor endorses the Finnish Spitz National Rescue, Health Network, or Pedigree Database entities and websites.
Copyright Finnish Spitz Club of America. All Rights Reserved. 1975-2014